Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mommy's Thought For Thursday: My Obsession With Holiday Cards...


A few more family pics
taken by our pal Dore...
(none of these were chosen for the cards ~
there were too many other good ones to select!)






It seems like I never learn my lesson.
At the beginning of each Christmas season
I plan to make this year more simple than
the last. I make empty promises that
I will decorate a little less, and
obsess a lot less. Hmmm,
the decorating issue was a
no brainer this year.
With Paisley in tow, I did this efficiently
and only put out decorations
that are toddler friendly.
She was really into decorating
the tree and she adores her sparkly "reindeer!"

Back to moi,
Well, I couldn't let go of my type "A"
obsessive/perfectionist behavior.
I stayed up late one night this
week after I received my picture proofs
from Dore. I couldn't decide
which pictures to choose for our
annual Abdine Family Christmas Card.
To some, this is a dreaded task.
To others, it is simple. Pick a card, sign
it, mail it and maybe throw in a
picture of the dog or the kids.
But to me, this is a project I look forward
to all year long. I absolutely love it.
I labor over finding the perfect combination
of pictures and layouts to make
the perfect card. This year
was no different than the last.
I spent way too long to mention
making my selections.
And I ended up with 5 different cards.
Yes, I said FIVE!
Guess you'll have to wait and see what
design I choose to send you!
Maybe next year I will
obsess a little less.
And if I don't, I will continue
to accept that this is
what I do at Christmas.
It is a Melissa tradition.
And as they said in one of my fave
movies, Mystic Pizza,
"You don't monkey with tradition!"

4 comments:

Summer said...

oooh, I want to see all five! I love the amount of thought and effort you put into the little details. I'm sure the cards will be spectacular. Any ideas for mine?
xox, s

Hannah said...

Yes, we want to see all 5 pictures that made the cut!! Then we can only wonder which one of the fabulous pics is coming our way! OH.. the anticipation!

Amanda said...

Pssst..
I'M THE SAME WAY!!! Spent WAAY too much time choosing pictures for the Christmas card this year.

I blame it on Dore--SO MANY FAB PICTURES!

(AND, the fact that our kids are just gorgeous doesn't help either, does it?) ;-)

Can't wait to see what we get! I toyed around with the different card idea too, but just TOO impossible with packing and moving! Oh well, maybe next year! :-P

juulferg said...

Thanks a lot for the card, it was a very nice surprise! I have to admit we are a bit of Xmas grinches and don't really send out cards... so don't think we forgot you! ;)

HNY, baby's calling me! Looking forward to another year of blog!