Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wordfilled Wednesday: Poetry To Our Ears...






A few of our fave family shots
from our recent holiday 2009
photo shoot with our lovely pal Dore...
Oh, how we love thee!

p.s. these aren't even the pics we
chose for our holiday card! There were so
many to choose from this year!


How Do I Love Thee? ~Sonnet 43
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning


"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends
of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight. I love thee freely,
as men might strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn
from Praise.
I love thee with the passion
put to use
In myold griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints,
–I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!
–and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death."


Mommy and I have watched HBO's
Classical Baby Poetry show the past 2 days,
and we both were so moved by the
reading of this glorious poem...
Gwyneth Paltrow recites this poem
and it so touching along with the
graphics and classical music soundtrack...
It moved mommy to tears!

p.s. We think this is a fabulous introduction to poetry
and we highly recommend it to all our artsy fartsy friends!



1 comment:

Dorean Pope Photography said...

I LOVED that shot you picked as your photo at the top. Cracked me up that I caught her walking away... pretty appropriate for this phase of life.