Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mommy's Thought For Thursday: My Girls...



Me and My girls...
(more photos by Dore)


So, I am leaving my girls for
a weekend away in NYC to
see my Bff and cousin...
Oh, how I need this break.
I am a tired mommy who needs
a little time away to rejuvenate.
We all need a little time away
to remember who we are outside
of all the roles we take on in life.
We need a chance to say hello to
the person inside. The quiet self.
The hidden self. The one that gets
neglected time and time again.
This is my attempt at finding balance
during this crazy time of year.

My girls have changed me.
For the better.
I like me so much more
since Paisley Grace and
Magnolia True have blessed
me with their presence.
I have learned so much about
who I really am since becoming
their mom. One thing I definitely
know is that I need freedom from
this beautifully challenging role every
now and then. I know that there are a few
people in my life whom I choose to escape
with because they get me. They know me.
They embrace me.

My girls are my joy. My light. My love.
They give to me each and every day.
I give back and I give a little more...
This year is different than last.
This year Maggs is here with us.
More to love. More to give.
Things are also simpler this year.
I am choosing to let go.
I am obsessing a lot less.
Oh, this feels so good to do.
House and tree are decorated~
on such a smaller scale than before.
Holiday cards are designed
(one card versus the 5 last year)
and presents have been purchased
(just a few...we are cutting back there, too!)
So, why am I still needing an escape if
I have taken a simpler route this holiday season?
Because.
I need to remember me.
Because I am a girl, too.
And a girl needs time to play
with her best friend.
Her sister.
Her mom.
Her self.

And...
I pray my girls will
do the same when
they are mommy's one day.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

You are so right! I changed a lot after having 2! Cutting back and letting go more often!
Have fun with your big girls!!! :)
EVERY mommy needs girl time alone!

Keri said...

Beautifully put... enjoy your trip -- mwaaaah!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

I really admire the balance you have in your life. It's so important to remember that you are an adult, too, and not only a mother - you're obviously fantastic at both! :)

Summer said...

love this post. love you. love the girls. love al for watching them so you can have a weekend with moi.