Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mommy's Thought For Thursday: Mommies Need Breaks, Too...

Paisley Pie~2.75 years old
Dressed herself for a trip to Target...
(just ADORE the cat ears I found for her at H&M with Bff in NYC!)
Maggie Moo~5.75 months old
Sweetest baby on the planet...
(Well, at least that's what our family thinks!)

So, these are my girls.
My precious.
Lovely.
Funny.
Curious.
Silly.
Yummy.
GIRLS...
Oh, how I ADORE them.
Even the way they smell...
Is that weird?
Just made it through 6 days
and nights without daddy.
He had work and some play
to do which he totally DESERVED.
We missed him.
A LOT!
How do single parents do it?
How do people parent with
one spouse away for long
periods of time?
I am AMAZED at their
strength.
and
staying power.
Wow!
I could learn some
lessons from them,
I am sure of it.
So, after coming off of
a crazy week parenting
solo, I felt the need to
have a break.
A massage.
A pedicure.
A moment of
solitude.
It felt soooooo good.
Selfish, maybe...
but for me to continue
to strive to be the
mommy I desire,
I NEED breaks, too.
I work really hard to
keep myself balanced
because when I don't~
CRAZY mommy emerges
and she is NOT pretty!
EVERYONE
deserves
a break...
EVEN from
the yummiest
of peeps like
Paisley Pig and
Maggie Pie.


2 comments:

Dorean Pope Photography said...

I agree 100%. When are we going to do that mom's night out that we talked about?? =)

Summer said...

I am so glad that you see the value in taking time for yourself BFF. love and miss you!

ps. love the ensemble Pais put together. glad she likes the ears :)