Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Friday, January 15, 2010

Mommy's Feelings On A Friday Morn...

My mommy with my magpie...
All of us together in my
mom and dad's new kitchen...


The past few days I have been feeling
a little off. It's that feeling deep down
that you know something is making you
a little sad but you don't have the time
or the energy to deal with it. It's been
creeping around my heart and I can't get
rid of it. Yesterday I became REALLY aware
of it. I thought it was exhaustion due to Miss
M not sleeping well the past month
(thanks to a cold, cough, reflux, and transitions)
but alas, I know it is MORE than that.
Yes, I am tired. Yes, I am overwhelmed with
juggling life as a mommy of 2, a wife,
daughter, sister, and friend. As well as trying
to find time to work on my business with my pal Jen.
Yup, feeling OVERWHELMED.
But, that is NOT what is nagging at me.
I finally allowed myself a moment to figure it out.

I miss my mommy.
I miss my sister.
I miss my grandma.
I miss my aunt.

I miss my bff.

I miss my friends
and
my lovely gals here in Austin...


December was so full of
interactions, events, parties, and
outings celebrating the holidays.
Even introverted me enjoyed every minute
of the social gatherings. I started off the month
with my bff and cousin in NYC and ended the month with a
weekend getaway to Seattle with my sis.
I stayed 2 weeks with my parents in their gorgeous new home.
They created time, and space for our entire family.
And they gave us all so much LOVE.
I was showered with it everyday.
NO wonder I am feeling a little blue.
I LOVE being home, in my own
space, sleeping in my own bed,
and being in the city I adore.
But I just miss my peeps.
They are all so special to me...

Here's to hoping and praying the
rest of January will be filled with
health for my girls and a few
social outings for me!
(guess it will have to happen after hubby
gets back from his 5
day adventure in Colorado!)
Thank goodness February is around
the corner and I we will receive a visit
from my mom and
grandma for Paisley's 3rd birthday!
Yeah, I can't wait...


5 comments:

betsy green said...

Here is a long distance hug for you Melissa! I know that feeling all to well - thanks to OK. Know you are loved and missed all the way to Oklahoma and back!
xoxo - Betsy

jen medeiros said...

We miss you, too. I asked Neal what makes him happy.....his quote..."Playing with Paisley."
We had the best time...but more of them are around the corner:) Love you!!!

Dirty Pumpkin - Talley 09 said...

We are going to visit you in Feb too! My friend, Angie, is going to drive us to see you on Thursday 2/11 or Friday 2/12 to hang out for a couple hours. I'll let you know for sure when I know. Lots of love to you. Hope your spirits are lifted soon.

melissa said...

Thanks y'all...Can't wait to see you when you visit Texas Shannon and here's to hoping we see each other real soon Chaucheroo!
xxoo,
M

Summer said...

Miss you too BFF! I'm planning a visit soon. Love you all!!!