Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rainbow Bright...

Rainbow smiles...

With Thomas and Rosie...

and Mommy!

A few weekends ago daddy and Grandma Dewey
took me to the local farmer's market. We picked
out some fresh, local, and organic fruit...yummy!
Daddy also treated me to my first real face painting
experience. I loved it! Although after about an hour
sporting my rainbow, it began to itch my cheek.
I started scratching at it because it bothered me so much.
Mommy asked if she could take it off and I said YES!
Once removed I had a lovely red mark where my
rainbow use to be. Hmm, mommy pondered.
What made my cheek so red? Was it the paint
used for the rainbow or all the scratching I did?
Mommy then remembered her friend had blogged
about her daughter having the same experience
earlier this year and concluding the paint was toxic.
Yes, it's true...face paint made for kids like moi,
can contain lead. I feel lucky I didn't have
a worse reaction. Mommy says we will make our
own face paint from now on. Maybe you should too!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I researched it more and it's primarily the red paint. Sorry this happened to Pais! Luckily it goes away...it just takes awhile!

Summer said...

Yuck! I am so sorry this happened. I can't believe that lead is allowed in a product for children.

Kellsey said...

NO WAY! that's crazy!
Seriously, with all the knowledge we have about lead and kids, I don't understand why this is allowed.
Hope your cheek is healing quickly, sweet Pais!!