Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shamu, Rides, And A Stolen Stroller Too...

I was mesmerized...
And very serious about 'meeting' Shamu...
Wow! What and amazing show...
Bravo! Now, on to the rides please...
Mommy wanted a cute little picture of me
by the Shamu sculpture but I was more
interested in smelling the flowers and feeling the dirt...
So, daddy had to sit and pose with moi...
We hit a few rides at the park too...
My fave was the Texas Splashdown...
Daddy and I had our very own log to ride in...
Clapping and asking for more
at the end of the ride...
Let's go back soon daddy!


On Sunday mommy and daddy took me to
Sea World in San Antonio to meet Shamu!
They were thinking this was the time to
do it since the weather was still cool and
mommy isn't too big and miserable (yet!)
We stopped at Starbucks to fuel up with
a little coffee cake, and latte's for mom
and dad. We made it to the park before noon
in time to start our adventure~
We were entering new territory...
A day with NO nap!
Could I handle it?
Yes, I did and I did NOT
have any meltdowns or tantrums.
Mommy and daddy were so proud of moi!

I loved the Shamu show, the
dolphin show, the Penguin Encounter,
(I even got to see a penguin go potty in the water!
I thought this was so funny and I am still talking about it!)
The Texas Splashdown Log Ride, and
the kids climbing/tunnel/slide playscape...
The day was close to perfect...
Mommy and daddy even teared up at the Shamu
show (they were so excited for moi!)
Until we walked out of the dolphin show to hit
the rides to find my BOB stroller was stolen!
I was a little traumatized...
I wanted to know where my stroller was.
I didn't understand why someone would take
something that wasn't theirs.
I am still a little perplexed about it.
Sea World security couldn't really
do much about it. So, mommy and daddy
worked very hard to stay calm, pray, and
move on to enjoy the rest of the day.
The upside? I got to cruise around in a blue
car stroller for the rest of the day...
and now I am sitting in style in my old Bugaboo!
Mommy and daddy were going to invest
in a double BOB anyway, right?
Lessons to be learned from our experience:
Don't take an expensive stroller
to a theme park! And remember to have perspective...
it is just a stroller and it is replaceable!
(the baby/kid in the stroller is NOT!)




6 comments:

Amanda said...

Still can't believe this happened! We've never (knock on wood) had issues at Sea World, the Zoo, or our many (MANY) trips to Disney World! Guess no one wants a beat up double Maclaren! ;-). Glad you've got a spare, P. Can't wait to see you tomorrow at the egg hunt!

betsy green said...

Oh my goodness. . . What a lot of DRAMA! Sorry you lost your stroller Pais, but am so glad (like mommy said) that you weren't IN it at the time. Also, looks like you had a blast at Sea World!

Hannah said...

Wow! I am shocked! But, after today's incident in music class, I am so glad it was just the stroller. Way to put it into perspective! Double strollers are so 2009 anyways!

3greenbeans said...

What a fun adventure! Ava now wants to go, so we'll have to take some tips from you, Pais.

I am shocked that someone would take something that didn't belong to them as well. Ugh! Glad everyone is safe, though.

I had to laugh at the penguin going potty in the water and you still talking about it, because I bet that was really funny.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that happened! Who would do that? But you have a great attitude and it looks like the trip was so much fun!

Keri said...

oh pais... i am so glad you had a good time... but oh no about the stroller! I am glad you kept it in perspective.
Thank you for being my friend today.
Luv,
keri