Bonjour Mes Amis...

Ma maman et j'espère que vous adorez notre blog !

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mommy's Thought For Thursday: Better Than I Ever Imagined...

My sweet little sister souls...
Paisley Grace and Magnolia True
(photo by Dore taken for
Maggie's newborn session)



Life
It's good
Crazy
Chaotic
Frazzled
Exhausted.

BUT...It's good.
I am a mommy of two...
Spit up
Milk boob
Tears
Tantrums
Achy body
Ponytail hair.

BUT...it's good.
Each passing day brings...
Adventure
New experiences
More spit up,
Poop,
and tears.

BUT... it also brings me a bit
closer to the woman I am becoming
as I grow and change
as a mommy of 2.
Some days I really miss
the old me and
the easy life of having
only 1 child and even
the far off days of no children.
Life without
the responsibility of
caring for 2 little souls.

My selfish life.
The days of sleeping in.
Traveling solo.
Wearing clothes that
didn't need to mask
spit up
drool
milk
and poop.
Having cute hair
Wearing heels
Staying up past 10
(oh, wait...I rarely did that!)

Yes, I miss those luxuries.
And there are many days I
am jealous of those who live that life...
BUT...This life, with my hubby and
my 2 girls is so much better than
I ever imagined.

With each passing day
I get a little closer to knowing
the new me. The enhanced version of me.
The me that is a mom of daughters.
Daughters that I will
continue to...
laugh
sing
dance
and
cry
with.
Daughters that will
continue to...
help
teach
nurture
and
enrich
me.
Yes, this life
is so much better than
I ever imagined.

3 comments:

Kellsey said...

beautiful, Miss, and so true.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet, Melissa. I love it!

Hannah said...

How beautifully written Melissa!